What To Do Before And After Your Hair Transplant Procedure?
Hair transplant is a minimally invasive surgical procedure. Even after that, a lot of patients feel nervous when the day finally arrives to get under the proverbial knife!
This post is targeted towards one and all that enunciate a few crucial steps that one should follow before and after a hair transplant treatment.
Please pay attention!
Before the procedure:
Inform the surgeon
It is best that you inform your hair transplant surgeon about any kind of medications you are currently taking before the treatment commences. The reason is simple – some medications may or may not aggressively react with the local anaesthesia the surgeon will be using on your scalp and in your donor area during the procedure.
By informing the surgeon, you will be sparing yourself and the professional a world of pain. Be sure to follow the instructions of the surgeon precisely if you want the procedure to conclude successfully. The surgeon may or may not advise you to stop taking the medications just a few weeks prior to the day of the surgery.
The surgeon may also or may not ask you to stay away from certain medications like Aspirin. Aspirin contains certain ingredients that can promote swelling in the graft areas after you have had the treatment.
Bid farewell to your drinks!
Whether you are an occasional drinker or a habitual one, you would need to stop drinking alcohol at least a week from the set date of your hair restoration treatment.
Get a good night’s sleep
It is best that you stay away from drinks and food after midnight hours on the night before your day of getting hair restoration treatment. Calm your mind and make sure you get a good night’s sleep.
After the procedure –
- It is best to avoid hard work and rigorous exercise sessions at the gym after you have had your hair transplant treatment. You would need to do this for about a week.
- It is best to avoid lifting heavy items like a heavy grocery bag, dumbbells at the gym and the likes for at least two weeks after you have been under the proverbial knife.
- It is best to avoid taking a sunbath or a trip to the sauna for at least 3 weeks.
- You would need to avoid intimate contact at least for a week – sorry!
- You would need to be very strict with your medications since it is the only way you can keep inflammations and infections at bay. On top of that, you can also use cold compresses over the grafts as a means to ease soreness.
- It is strongly recommended that you wash your scalp with a mild shampoo regularly.
- Do not pick on the scabs!
- Avoid letting your fingernails touch your scalp and the graft areas.
- While rinsing off and applying shampoo on your hair, use your fingertips and be very gentle.
Hair transplant is not a cure but a means to put an end to your misery. That stated, it is best to follow closely the instructions of your surgeon. It is the only way you can ensure the results will be natural and on par with your expectations.
ire A Clean Shave
DHI Hair Transplant is an innovative hair transplant process where hair follicles are extracted from the donor area using a choi implanter.
A choi implanter is a pen-like device that is tipped with a hollow needle on one end, a hollow tube in the middle and a plunger on top. It needs to be loaded with the extracted hair follicles from the donor site in order to implant the same directly to the recipient site of the patient.
Benefits of DHI hair transplant method
- It reduces the time an extracted hair follicle remains outside of the patient’s body thus reducing the chances of a failed graft.
- The chances of hair follicles surviving the graft are much higher when compared to FUT and FUE hair transplant methods.
- The recipient area will hardly bleed especially when the surgeon is preparing the same for the grafting procedure.
- The graft extraction process causes fewer traumas to both the recipient and the donor area on the patient’s body. This leads to a drastic shortening of the recovery period.
One of the most frequently asked questions a typical hair transplant clinic like Blue Magic Clinic needs to answer is whether one can opt for hair transplant treatment without shaving their head.
Well,the answer is yes!
There are two techniques that do not require complete shaving of the patient’s head.
They are as follows:
- Partially Shaved DHI Hair Transplant –It is a hair transplant technique where the surgeon would partially shave the head of the patient in order to extract the hair follicles. That stated, the shaving is done in a manner that can be easily concealed by the hair surrounding the shaved area.
- A ‘completely unshaved’ hair transplant –It is a hair transplant procedure where the donor area is not shaved in order to extract the hair follicles. This keeps the hairline of the patient intact thus reducing the recovery time by many folds.
Advantages of a Partially Shaved DHI Hair Transplant
- A patient can maintain the length and style of their hair that they had before the procedure post conclusion of the same.
- People will hardly be able to notice that the patient has gone under the knife of a hair transplant surgeon.
- The recovery period is very short.
Advantages of Complete Unshaved DHI Hair Transplant
- There’s absolutely no need to shave the patient’s head.
- Patient with both long and short hair can go for this process. In simple terms, this particular hair transplant process is ideal for both men and women.
- Post-operative scab/crust formation is minimal which is similar to an advantage one can get when they opt for Partially Shaved DHI Hair Transplant.
For the best results, get in touch with the officials at Blue Magic Clinic. It is one of the best places to get hair transplant treatment. The clinic not only delivers impressive results in DHI technique but also excels in sapphire micro FUE as well as PRP therapy.