A hair transplant is a cosmetic surgery for the restoration of lost hair on the scalp. All of us take our looks for granted unless it starts to bother us. Losing your hair in your teenage or the mids 20s has become a significant concern for people these days. Hair is an important feature that boosts our confidence and adds up to our aesthetic.
Hair transplant surgery is a technical procedure in which the hair follicles from one part called the ‘donor site’ are planted on the balding part of the scalp called the ‘recipient site’. One should go for Hair transplant best for boosting self-confidence and giving you that self inner motivation.
Hair Transplant Procedure:
The Hair Transplant Procedure includes the following steps :
- Pre-operative Assessment: The primary step involves the hair surgeon analyzing the patient’s scalp and advising them on the best approach and what may be the result after the surgery. Pre-operative assessment will give the patient knowledge about their existing hair density and how long or how many sittings will it take for them to recover their lost hair fully. After surgery, the patient is prohibited from any kind of medicine, which may result in bleeding or poor grafting. Alcohol and smoking can also lead to poor grafting.
- Harvesting Method: Transplant surgeries are operated on an outpatient basis with local anesthesia injected. The scalp is first shampooed, and then the patient’s scalp is treated. There are several harvesting techniques for the treatment of hair follicles, having their pros and cons. In any case, proper extraction of the hair follicle is important to ensure the potential of the transplanted hair and to avoid cutting the hair shaft from the follicle. The hair follicles are cut according to the angle in which they grow on the scalp.
The surgeon uses very small micro blades and fine needles for puncturing and receiving grafts and then places them in a density pattern. The final part of the surgery is done by the technicians who are inserting the individual grafts in place. In this technique, a thin linear scar is left on the donor area, which is covered by the patient’s hair quite quickly. The recovery period from this technique is about 2 weeks and would require stitches to be removed by the surgeon.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE): This process includes individual hair follicle units containing a few hair strands being removed under local anesthesia; this micro removal uses tiny punches of about 0.6-1mm in diameter. Micro blades and fine needles are then used to puncture the sites for grafts and placing them in density patterns and angling wounds in a consistent way to promote a realistic hair pattern.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) gives natural hair transplant results, and it has an advantage over strip harvesting because only the individual follicles are removed, and punctured scars remain, which are not visible and post-surgical pains are minimal. Recovering from Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) takes a week with positive yielding results.
- Robotic Hair Restoration: Robotic hair restoration devices include cameras and robotic arms to assist the hair surgeon during the Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE). Neograft became the first robotic surgical device that was approved by the FDA in 2009. Later on, in 2011, the ARTAS system was approved for robotic hair surgery.
- Follicular Unit Transplantation(FUT): In this procedure, all the grafts are extracted as a group from the back of the head of the patient and then individually transplanted to the balded areas. Depending upon the assessment reports, the shape of the donor and method of grafts FUT may be the preferred method of treatment. The Follicular Unit Transplantation(FUT) process leaves a narrow linear scar on the back of the head, which would easily be concealed.
The BlueMagic Group in Turkey is a hair transplant best clinic known for providing the best and positive results from Micro FUE Sapphire surgeries. Micro FUE Sapphire surgeries include singular follicular units being extracted, usually punched out from the back of the head called the ‘donor site’ and implanted on the recipient site. This technique is quite similar to the FUT method, which does not require an entire strip of skin to be extracted. The Micro FUE Sapphire surgery is a minimalistic painless process, and the recovery rate is visibly faster than any other case of other surgeries.
Some other forms of hair transplant procedure provided at BlueMagic are:
- Dhi Choi Pen Hair Transplant
- PRP Therapy
- Dhi Choi Pen Hair Transplant: The Dhi Choi Pen Hair Transplant provided by the BlueMagic Clinic is ranked number 1 globally using the latest Choi Pen technology. This method is not only used for hair transplants on the head but also for transplants of the mustache, eyebrow, and beard. The Choi pen technology uses the specialized tool to deeply implant the hair follicles in the scalp after extraction from the ‘donor site’. It is a pen-like hollow needle attached to a tube on the other side. The needle is about 0.5 to 1.5 mm thick, which is the reason for the improved survival rate of the follicle.
- PRP Transplants: The PRP or Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy is a safe procedure designed for stimulating the step cell without the risk of infection. This process is suitable for both the male and female, providing nourished and fully recovered hair with immense density.
At the Blue Magic Group Clinics, the best-in-class hair transplant procedures are provided at the most affordable prices. Looking after their patient’s safety and providing customized treatment is one of their primary goals.